So, my mom pointed me to her personal challenge for 2015: a blog post a day. The pointer also came with an invitation to join the fun. I had grand plans to start blogging/book reviewing again in 2014. I used to back in the late 90’s and early 00’s, but life happened, and I let my domain expire, and I didn’t start missing it until recently.
But I do miss it. I’m not sure I can manage a post a day, but I’ll give it a try. I like what mom has to say about her reasons for this goal:
- A writer is someone who writes, and this challenge will force me to actually write instead of just thinking about writing.
- Looking for something to write about each day will make me more aware of what I’m doing and of what’s happening in the world around me.
- Looking all around me for topics will help me distribute content among all three blogs; I’ve been neglecting my personal blog, and it therefore now badly needs some refreshing.
- I know from experience that the more I write, the easier writing becomes.
- Completing this challenge will demonstrate that I can write every day, not just when I’m in the mood or have nothing else to do instead.
- Keeping up with this challenge will help me to practice, practice, practice my writing.
I don’t maintain multiple blogs like Mom, so #3 doesn’t speak to me, but the other reasons do. I’d like to get back in the habit of writing every day, and I’d also like to focus on the things I enjoy. Here’s what I have planned for the next few days:
- A review of my (current) favorite special occasion wine, an Tuscan Cabernet Franc, Poggo de’Colli.
- A review of a new-to-me late harvest Viognier.
- A recap of the recipes I’ve tried from Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple
- A review of Only Enchanting by Mary Balogh.
After that, I’ll have to read more books. And drink more wine. Oh, the hardship!